Saturday, November 13, 2010

Did you miss me? I'm back again

Wow, it is really hard for me to remember to write in this thing! I haven't been doing it lately, mostly because I've been busy but also I took a few days off to spend with my family. They were visiting from 2 different states, so I really was focused on spending quality time. They deserve it, and we had fun, too.

So now I'm back to building my business again, making a list of things I need to do each day, looking for more great products to create and sell for others. The main thing right now is how can I provide value for my customers? It used to be about finding a really "hot" product and just seeing how many people I could get to see it, but lately I've decided to create more products myself. This kind of changes things, so now I want to create products that really provide fantastic value and a real solution to problems people have. This is one of my goals, going forward.

After reading the E-Myth by Michael Gerber, I started thinking in longer terms about my business. In the past I would say "I'm working on my website" or something of that nature, but now I simply tell people I'm busy working on my business. You really have to look at an internet marketing business as a business, just like any other, so that it will be a long-term goal and make it a part of you. After all, you aren't really detached from your business, as it is a reflection of your personality. Your business has to contain your values, your methods of doing things, and your personal signature on every part of it. This way you are totally responsible for everything in your business, even after you hire employees and turn some of the day to day functions over to them.

Right now I'm running it by myself, so I'm doing all of the marketing, building the website, maintaining it, getting traffic, doing research and every other possible task in the business. In time this will be passed on to others so I can focus on the "E" part of my business, being an entrepreneur, a creator. After all, that's the fun part of it anyway! Creating new products, creating a vision of where you want the business to be in 5 years, 10 years, and more.

Today I'm working on getting some more Camtasia videos up on YouTube, which I'm getting better at finally. Still need some practice though, but it's a great skill to have. Let me know if anybody has any tips on Camtasia, ok? I'm always looking to learn more and make things better!

bye for now

No comments: