Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Finding a way to make a business work

Hello again,

Yes, I'm at it again today, 2 days in a row. Not bad, we'll see how long it lasts. Since yesterday I have done quite a bit of reading, currently I'm reading "The E-Myth Revisited" by Michael Gerber. This book was originally written in 1995, but is a rewritten version of his original book which was written a long time ago (I believe in the 1980's, not sure). Anyway it is an excellent book, really for any small business owner. I thought it was about running a "online" business, but that's not even close! The "E" in the title suggests electronic age, but it is actually to mean "entrepreneur" which is what every business owner should be at heart. Of course, most of us run our businesses like "technicians", which means we try to do everything ourselves.

Anyway, I suggest reading this book as it opens up a whole new paradigm in thinking about your small business. Not to mention, it has helped to save many thousands of businesses over the years. Besides, who wants to work 18 hour days when you can systematize your business and have it run itself with the help of a few employees? Besides the great coaching course I'm taking, my learning curve has been flattened immensely in the past week. I'm actually starting to see a way to get my business to grow, which is the absolute must for all businesses. Either grow or die, right?

Other things I'm doing now are related to networking in my business with other owners such as myself. Since my business is information marketing (aka internet marketing) I have started to reach out to others in the same business world and see if I can share some ideas with them. I'm going to a meeting of the IM'ers tonight and will hopefully gain some insight, maybe even give them a pointer or two....

Well, more things going on such as backlink building, product research, and getting statistics gathered to measure success of my websites. Very busy, and creating more ideas every day that will make the process go more smoothly in the future. That's what it's all about, building a process, or system, that can function without having to keep doing the same work over and over again....

More tomorrow!

By the way, my current "niche" website is Natural Menopause Remedies and if you like to check it out feel free. Of course, it's for women only!

No comments: