Monday, November 1, 2010

Changes are inevitable, but good!

Hello again,

It's been a long time since I've posted on here, sorry to be such a slacker! I have been working on my business, my love-life, and my "happiness quotient" for the past year. Some things are going well, others not so much. I guess the biggest change came about 3 weeks ago (October 8, 2010) when I was laid off from my job after nearly 5 years. Yes that sounds like a bad thing, but I believe it is all for the best! Really, I'm not making that up.

You see I have been working on my business of internet marketing for some time, and only during the evenings after work. I've found this is a very tough thing to do for a long time, very draining physically and emotionally. So being without a job now I can focus full-time on my business, yeah! Good thing, right? The best part is, although I still work at least 8 hours or more each day, I have the time and energy to do other things as well. I get up each, thankful I don't have a "JOB" to do to, and get some exercise. Then eat breakfast, make a list of tasks for the day, and go off very excited to get some real work done that will make ME money, not someone else.

Another thing I recently started is a program for 30 days, specifically a coaching program. I won't mention the name of the coach but will give great details later on. One of his tasks for us is to keep a journal, so guess what? I'm going to be writing in here a lot for the next 30 days. Hopefully every day...

Today I'm going to learn Camtasia, which if you aren't familiar is a video editing software, and start posting some videos on youtube and other websites. This sounds like fun, can't wait! Besides that I will be creating a bunch of new products, and hopefully a few freebies for my list (which you could sign up for at http://www.getpassionforlife.com). This is a part of my new attitude, to give away as much as possible that has real value. So get ready for more!

ttys, Doug

No comments: