Monday, May 19, 2008

The Beginning of a new chapter

Good Day,

This is the first of many ramblings I hope to make, most likely on many subjects dear to me and some more than likely made out of desperation and/or lack of planning on my part. I am not a professional writer, so suffice it to say mistakes will be made. Of course the main goal in starting this blog is to get practice in writing, which I'm sure is the goal of many blogsters in the beginning. Are they called "blogsters" or what? I'll google that term later, no matter. Anyway, since I plan to make a living eventually as a writer of sorts, this will be a real test to see whether I can keep anyones interest for very long.
What topics can you expect to see on this particular blog? I will probably start with the current chapter of my life which is creating a website in order to sell my ebooks. What ebooks, you say? Glad you asked. Not only the one I wrote myself, but also the ones I'm generously giving away for free when purchasing my self-written ebook. The topic is basically how to accomplish more in life, which I have been exploring myself for about a year or so. Up to now I'm guessing I've wasted a good bit of my life, or at least have not done nearly as much as I'd like to have done with it. My goal then is to see if I can remedy that situation and do much more with the "second half" of my life. You see I'm now 50 years old, so I think I (being rather healthy) will probably live to be at least 100 years old, so simple math...you get the picture. I will have to change many things about myself in order to accomplish my goal though, becoming much more willing to stretch myself and do more, learn more, and work harder to accomplish more in my time that is left. Wish me luck, I will need it...

2 comments:

Questions About Faith, Etc. said...

What an excellent way to structure your life. Write books to help others. Sounds like you have had a tough life.

What have been your biggest challenges?

I changed careers at the age of 47. That was tough. From 19 years of broadcast journalism to a catalog business. My friend from West Virginia(doesn't have a blog yet) says to not worry, that people change careers every 4-5 years now.

Doug Hart said...

Wow, thanks for the comment! Actually I didn't have a "tough" life per se, but a few rough spots here and there. Especially in my 2 marriages, but that's another story. Anyway, I agree with your friend about the career changes. Things happen so fast in our world now, that we must change to keep up anymore. Is that good or bad? Depends on who you talk to, but I believe it's good. Learning new skills and ideas is great fun, hope your career change is going well for you! Anyway, thanks for the comment....happy blogging